Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beyond Awesome, Medellin Columbia Wild Kohleria

 I just about can't get any more excited by a travel photograph sent to me personally!

Look at what you can find if you walk around a few miles outside of the city of Medellin, Columbia part way up the Andes mountains!

Apparently there are all sorts of things that look similar to this and even come in pink. I'm not perfectly sure that this IS a Kohleria, but from extensive conversations about things like this, I'm pretty sure it is.
It's got soft leaves with "fuzz" and you can see the "hariy" flowers for yourself. It's got five petals and you can see the calyx to the left side has five "divisions". I wish I could maginify the photo just a little more to see what the stamen look like.

Pretty cool, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment