Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Como Orchid Show

With so many of our friends in the Orchid Society of Minnesota it is only fitting that we get to see a few shots of some of the spectacular things that were on display at the Como Conservatory this past weekend for the St. Paul's Winter Carnival events!

Between the clubs, we have MANY Orchid Society members! I wish I knew of all of the club member's entries so we could have shown off how awesome they were. Unfortunately, I don't know who had which specific entries.

 So... I will show off a few photos and hopefully they will contain the right plants!

The first five photos show some of the plants that were on the main Orchid Society's table. It was a long and extensive table!

 SG, PK, and JV had plants in this display I believe, and if I'm missing any other members, I'm really sorry!
 How about these???
 An interesting hybrid that is considered to be the "most black" of the black orchids.
 Here Mans' Farms had a cool display! What lovely blooms!
And finally... just because I thought this was both cool and funny ... I got a photo of our TV set when Channel 4 had a piece the Como show and about Jerry Fischer and the Peruvian orchid that is so huge and only recently discovered. They've been growing out small ones for the past few years and are now ready to sell young plants.

Comments????

No comments:

Post a Comment