Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sinningia sp. 'Rio das Pedras' ????

This little lovely thing is growing in a deli-tray prop box with supposedly three sorts of Seemannia starting in it.

Notice the dime in the background for size comparison.
 It started out so cute and colorful, and I didn't really know what to expect a starter Seemannia to look like, so I was pleasantly surprised it looked like "this".... Then it sent up the flowers.
 Unless I'm missing something, Seemannia don't look like this....

I'm pretty sure now it's a Sinningia sp. 'Rio das Pedras' and I'm pretty excited to find it here.
This is a S. 'White Sprite' and the plants sure have some similarities but I'm still wondering how precisely the tuber got into a rhizome starter box?

Walter probably had something to do with it.

Comments???

No comments:

Post a Comment